People often believe that when camping, one has to live off pre-packed meals, hunting animals, and searching for edible berries and fruit in the wild. In reality, camping experiences are more like family-friendly picnics or romantic getaways.
Camping has been modernized with adventures like ‘glamping – glamorous camping.’ People have started camping in their backyards, taking an RV and camping vans to enjoy camping to the fullest without losing access to essentials.
Who doesn’t love a delicious meal after a long hike or setting up the campsite? Instead of taking coil-wrapped cold sandwiches and heating a can of beans, make your camping fun by preparing yummy camping meals. We have shared a list of 5 recipes for camping to make your trip more exciting.
List of 5 Recipes for Camping
1. Smokey Burger
The fun thing about burgers is that they are versatile and can be customized according to your preference. This recipe is easy and can be cooked on a camp stove or directly over your campfire.
- 3-4 beef patties
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 red onions
- 3-4 hamburger Buns
- Start by placing a cooking grill over the campfire, and set the beef patties carefully.
- While the patties grill, cut onion and tomatoes into rings and place them over the grill.
- Keeping flipping the patties with the help of a spatula to prevent them from burning.
- When the patties and veggies are roasted, take them off the grill and place them on a plate.
- Get your hamburger buns and layer each side with ketchup and mustard.
- Keep the patty and vegetables on the flatter side and a slice of cheese on it.
- Spice it up by adding any other vegetables, pickles, and sauces.
- Grab the other side of the patty and place it on top of the other one.
- Your smokey burgers are ready. Serve them with a fizzy drink for a perfect meal.
2. Chicken and Veggies
Chicken and veggies are one of the easiest recipes for camping. You can switch meat and vegetables according to your preference.
- 2 chicken breast
- 2 potatoes
- 1 tomato
- 2 zucchini
- Few mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- Cut the chicken breast and make fillets. Place it in the center of a frying pan.
- Cut all your vegetables, and add them around the chicken.
- Poke holes in the chicken and vegetables with a fork or knife.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top of the ingredients and add thyme, oregano, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all of the ingredients until they are evenly covered with the seasoning.
- Place the frying pan on a stove or cooking grill. Flip in every few minutes and wait for it to cook.
- Carefully take it out on a plate and serve.
3. Chili Hotdogs
If you love cheese and chili, this recipe is for you. It is easy and takes at least half an hour to prepare, but it will be worth the wait.
- 3 beef hotdogs
- 3 hotdog buns
- Grated cheddar cheese
- ½ kg ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 chopped, canned chipotle chili pepper in adobo, 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ beer
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Olive oil
- For this recipe, prepare the chili and hotdogs separately.
- Start by adding the ground beef to a pan and cook it for about four or five minutes. Keep stirring and gently separate the beef with a wooden spoon.
- Next, add onions and cook for three to four minutes or until the onion changes color and turns soft.
- Add cumin powder, chili powder, garlic, and chipotle chili pepper. Stir the mixture for two minutes to evenly distribute the spices.
- Add beer, tomato sauce, salt, and brown sugar to the pan. Let it simmer until the beer is left, about half of what you added.
- Now the chili is prepared. Keep it aside on low heat, so it stays warm while you prepare the hotdogs.
- Place a grill over the fire for the hotdogs and grease it with olive oil.
- Carefully add all the hotdogs to the grill for five minutes. Keep turning them, so they are cooked from all sides.
- When the hotdogs are ready, place them in the hotdog buns and top them will chili and cheese. For extra garnish, add chopped onions on top and serve.
4. Beef Pasta
Pasta is comfort food for many. Therefore, this beef pasta recipe is perfect for a camping trip with family. Enjoy this camping meal around the fire and spend quality time with the family.
- 1 pack of pasta
- Olive oil
- 1 Salt
- Half cup ground beef
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Boil water in a pot. Add pasta, half a teaspoon of olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of salt in it. Let the pasta boil for six to seven minutes.
- Start preparing the sauce in a separate pan.
- Add two tablespoons of butter to a pan and place it on a stove or over a campfire.
- When the butter is melted, add chopped onions and stir till the onions change color.
- Next, add the mushrooms and ground beef, and mix.
- Once the meat starts to change color and look nice, add pasta sauce and mix. Let the mixture sit on low heat for about five minutes.
- Drain all the water from the pasta and add your pasta sauce to it.
- Mix well, so the sauce is distributed evenly.
- Lastly, load it with grated cheese and serve.
5. Campsite S’Mores
A camping trip is incomplete without sitting around the fire pit, roasting marshmallows, and making s’mores. Not only do they taste great but are also fun to make. This way, they provide a fun activity that you can do with friends and family while camping.
- A pack of marshmallows
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate bars
- Insert a marshmallow on a roasting stick and roast it over the campfire.
- When the marshmallow is nicely roasted, grab a graham cookie and place the marshmallow on top of it.
- Next, add your favorite chocolate bar on top and layer with another roasted marshmallow.
- Lastly, top it off with another graham cookie, and your campsite s’more is ready.
Our Final Thoughts
We hope our list of recipes for camping will help you prepare a delicious meal on your next camping trip. A pro tip for camping meals is to prepare your sauces and chop all the vegetables at home to save meal prep time.